Centered in the living presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, Saint Stephen is a welcoming Catholic Community. Inspired by the Word of God and attentive to the challenges of our time, we are committed to the spiritual growth and faith formation of all the community. Following the example of Jesus we respond to those in need, especially the poor and the weak, and so become Eucharist to each other.
- To deepen and enhance the spiritual life of the parish through liturgy, personal prayer, and devotions.
- To provide religious education and spiritual formation to all our people.
- To minister to those within and outside the parish community.
- To reach out to returning Catholics and unchurched persons.
- To deepen our commitment to stewardship of prayer, time and talent, and treasure.
- To celebrate our diversity and our community.
- December 5, 1984 Bishop Thomas Grady approved the creation of St. Stephen Catholic Community to serve the rapidly growing East Seminole county area.
- February 5, 1985 the Orlando Diocese announced the assignment of Fr. John J. Bluett, as the Founding Pastor of St.Stephen Catholic Community.
- June 16, 1985 Fr. John celebrated the First Eucharistic liturgy of St. Stephen with 800 members at Lake Howell H.S.
- February 22, 1986 marked the Groundbreaking Ceremony on the future building site of St. Stephen Church with Bishop Grady, representative clergy and over 450 guests participating.
- April 16, 1987 a dream was fulfilled with the parish family in the first Eucharistic Celebration on Holy Thursday in the newly completed church. At this first Easter Vigil, 15 Catechumens and Candidates prepared through the RCIA process were Initiated and Received into Full Communion with the Catholic Church.
- January 2001, Fr. George Dunne, s.s.s. began his ministry at St. Stephen.
- June 9, 2012 St. Stephen’s first Deacon, Jim Ferruzzi was ordained by Bishop John Noonan.
- June 10, 2012 begins a year of celebration to commemorate 25 years of Faith, Eucharist and Outreach.
- June 24, 2012, Associate Pastor Fr. George Dunne, s.s.s. celebrated 30 years of Ordination.
- June 2, 2013, Our Pastor, Fr. John Bluett celebrated 50 years of Ordination.
Milestones………Living Stones……..” We are the Church that he gathers”.